Terms & Conditions
All bookings are subject to the hirer’s acceptance of our terms and conditions. A booking deposit or full payment in advance may be required.
Terms & Conditions of Hire
1. Definitions – For the purposes of these terms and conditions:
- The Hirer shall mean an individual hirer or, where the hirer is an organization, its authorised representative.
- The Committee shall mean the Management Committee of the Victoria Hall, Bourton-on-the-Water. Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL54 2BU.
- The Hire Period shall mean the period set out in the agreement confirming the booking signed by the hirer and by the authorised representative of the Committee.
- The Premises shall mean the property known as the Victoria Hall, Bourton-on-the-Water, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL54 2BU and its curtilage.
2. The Hirer will, during the Hire Period, be responsible for the supervision of the Premises, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage however slight, or change of any sort and the behaviour of all persons using the Premises whatever their capacity, including proper fire safety management, the provision of additional fire risk assessments when appropriate, and the supervision of car-parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the fire exits and the highway.
3. The Hirer shall not use the Premises for any purpose other than as described in the hire agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the Premises or allow their use for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the Premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof nor allow the consumption or sale of alcoholic liquor without written permission and licence.
4. The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the Premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
5. The Hirer shall comply with all the conditions and regulations made in respect of the Premises by the Fire Authority, the Magistrates’ Court or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing or music or other similar public entertainment or stage plays.
6. The Hirer shall, if preparing, serving or selling food observe all relevant food, health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
7. The Hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by him and used on the Premises shall be in good working order, complies with current Legislation, P.A.T. tested and is used in a safe manner.
8. The Hirer shall indemnify the Committee for the cost of repair or for any damage done to any part of the Premises, or to its contents which may occur during the Hire Period.
9. If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking before the date of commencement of the Hire Period and the Committee is unable to conclude a replacement booking, the payment or the repayment of the fee shall be at the discretion of the Committee.
10. The Hirer shall ensure that no dogs, other than guide dogs, are brought onto the Premises.
11. At the end of the Hire Period the Hirer shall ensure that the Premises are left in a clean and tidy condition, that ALL waste and refuse accumulated during the Hire Period is removed and properly disposed, that any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions are properly replaced and that the Premises are left properly locked and secured unless otherwise directed. In the event of failure to observe this condition, the Committee reserves the right to impose an additional charge.
12. The Hirer shall ensure, before leaving the Premises at the end of the Hire Period, that the dishwasher is switched off, emptied and left clean and ready for use, that all kettles and urns are emptied and the fridge emptied and left clean. In the event of failure to observe this condition, the Committee reserves the right to impose an additional charge.
13. In the event of Hire Period or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired the Committee shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
14. The Hirer shall ensure that any activities for children under eight years of age comply with the provisions of the Children’s Act 1989 and that only fit and proper persons have access to the children.
15. The Committee reserves the right to refuse a booking or to cancel the hiring agreement at any time.
16. The Hirer shall ensure that air-conditioning equipment is turned off and all heating is turned off except in very cold weather when one radiator in each room should be left on number two, on no account should the boiler be touched.
17. The Hirer agrees that if a request to hire the Premises is made by a local charitable organisation more than one month before an existing commercial booking for the same date, the local charitable organisation’s request will receive precedence and the commercial booking will be cancelled.
18. The Hirer shall ensure that the occupancy of the upper hall does not exceed 170 persons, that the occupancy of each of the downstairs rooms does not exceed 60 persons and that the total occupancy of the Premises does not exceed 290 persons. These total occupancy figures may be reduced depending upon the chosen layout of the rooms. Under no circumstances should the layout of the tables, chairs and other furniture or equipment as provided by the Committee be altered. Where the layout of the chairs, etc, is decided upon by the Hirer, full consideration shall be given to the provision of adequate means of escape via all designated exits. All chairs when used theatre style should be linked together with a central isle.
19. The Hirer shall accept full responsibility throughout the Hire Period for all the occupants of the Premises and for their ability to escape in the event of a fire ALL Hirers should undertake their own risk assessment, including the provision of adequate staff for the fire safety management and evacuation from the Premises of any disabled persons and/or those with limited mobility.
20. The Hirer shall ensure that nothing shall be attached to the internal walls and only Bluetac used to attach objects to wood.
21. The Hirer shall ensure that upholstered chairs will not be taken into the garden, and tables will not be taken outside the boundary of the Premises without permission from the Committee.
22. The Hirer agrees that advertisements of a reasonable size in respect of commercial lettings are restricted to one at the front and one at the rear of the Premises. No advertisements or notices of any kind may be affixed to the railings nor may they be exhibited outside the boundary of the Premises.
23. The Hirer shall ensure that due consideration is given to the occupants of neighbouring properties and that noise levels during the Hire Period are kept to the minimum especially on arrival and departure.